Search the List of Accredited Dispute Resolution Practitioners available to conduct the mediation, arbitration or settlement of Family Law matters.
- Family Law Arbitrator
- Collaborative Lawyer
- VIC Melbourne
Personal Characteristics and Profile
Sally is a leading family lawyer who focuses on all aspects of family law.
After commencing her career (and making partner) at Middletons she established her own firm in 2005, Nicholes Family Lawyers. Sally is the Managing Partner of Nicholes Family Lawyers.
Sally is also known for her expertise in international family law disputes particularly with jurisdictional arguments and conflict of laws.
Sally spent her early career with Middletons Lawyers (the predecessor firm of K&L Gates) where she made partner. In 2005 Sally established Nicholes Family Lawyers as a standalone dedicated family law practice.
• Joined Westgarth Middletons as an article clerk in 1994
• Middletons – Partnership 2001 to 2005
• Nicholes Family Lawyers – founding partner 2005 to even date.
In 2010 Sally was nominated for and was a finalist in the Telstra Business Woman Awards both for innovation and as a business owner and in 2017 was a finalist in the Access to Justice Category of the LIV 13th Victorian Legal Awards.
Sally is frequently requested to provide overviews in the Australian media in respect of family law and gives numerous seminars and dedicated papers to educate the family law profession in all aspects of family law matters.
• International and domestic property and maintenance settlements
• Dealing with complex corporate structures
• De facto and same sex agreements
• Prenuptial and cohabitation agreements
• Financial structure and restructuring combining succession planning/estate planning with corporate restructure and binding financial agreements.
• International and domestic child related matters including child abduction and inter country adoption and international relocation
• Complex parenting disputes
• Child support
• Complex child welfare issues including special medical procedure gender re-assignment and multi-party parenting disputes
Additional Personal Information
World Congress on family law and children’s rights – Board member since 2004 and now deputy chair
Member of Law Asia
Children’s Rights International – Board member since 2004
On the panel of Independent Children’s Lawyers
Qualified Collaborative Law Practitioner
Qualified AIFLAM Arbitrator
Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Institute of Victoria
Former director of PILCH (now Justice Connect)
Former director of International Social Services
Former board member Lasallian Foundat
Professional Profile SheetCV-Sally-Nicholes-updated-with-new-photo-with-media-details.pdf
Level 12, 460 Lonsdale St